Directions and Transportation
Forest Grove is located just a short 35-40 minute car ride west of the greater Portland Metro area. Many other transportation options noted below.
- CAR – Accessible from Highway 26 or via Highway 8 (surface roads). Google, Mapquest and GPS directions readily available or contact the Chamber office for personalized directions assistance.
- PLANE – Portland International Airport(PDX) is located 35 miles from Forest Grove, PDX offers daily direct and connecting flights to cities throughout the US as well as flights to/from Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia. Rental car and shuttle service available at the airport. Public transportation provided by Tri-Met with light rail service directly from the airport to Hillsboro with connecting bus transfer service to Forest Grove.
- PLANE – Hillsboro Airport (HIO) this Port of Portland facility, just 8 miles east of Forest Grove, is an executive airport offering all aspects of general aviation activity. Facilities for jet and propeller driven aircraft, corporate jets and helicopters, four full service fixed-based operators and rental car service available. Tri-Met light rail service adjacent to airport provides service to downtown Hillsboro with connecting bus service to Forest Grove.
- TRAIN – Amtrak service available to downtown Portland. Several trips daily to Seattle and Vancouver to the north and Eugene, Klamath Falls and Los Angeles to the south as well as regularly scheduled eastbound service. Tri-Met light rail and bus transfer service available from the Portland Station to Forest Grove.
- BUS – Greyhound bus service available to a full service facility in downtown Portland (adjacent to the train station). Tri-Met light rail and bus transfer service available from the bus facility to Forest Grove.
- BUS – Tri-Met provides frequent bus service to and from Forest Grove with light rail connections in Hillsboro. Also, bus connections to Beaverton and the greater Portland metro area.
- Bus – MAX (Metropolitan Area Express) Light Rail connects Portland City Center with Beaverton, Clackamas, Gresham, Hillsboro, Milwaukie, North/Northeast Portland and Portland International Airport.
- BICYCLE – We can assist with bike route information and maps. For route assistance, contact the Chamber.