The Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce has been instrumental in connecting me with fellow business owners & leaders in our communities.
Why should you become a member?
The Chamber coordinates an array of business network opportunities. At the monthly Lunch Forum, through committee work & the ‘members only’ roster, you are able to meet the owners & managers of more than 250 businesses in our membership. The Chamber membership is one of the best business contact tools you will find.
Every day, the Chamber office fields many telephone calls and office visits from people asking for a business reference. In addition, when out-of-towners decide to relocate to the area, they usually get much of the information they need from the Chamber. The Chamber always refers visitors and callers to its Chamber partners. Industry specific lists are distributed by the Chamber upon request, for example: lodging, dining, realtors, etc.
Unique Marketing Opportunities
The Chamber promotes your special services, events, & sales. By joining the Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce, you open a door to several unique marketing opportunities: advertising options at the Chamber that reach visitors and locals, monthly lunch events that include the city’s business leaders, a link to your website address from the Chamber web page plus sponsorship opportunities with the Chamber at any of its major functions throughout the year. All partners are encouraged to display their brochures and business cards in available rack space at the Chamber office.
Issues Affecting Business
The Chamber offers communication assistance with government agencies and advocates for local small businesses. Listening Posts and Lunch Forums provide an airing of topics vital to the profitability of your business. Candidate forums help our members make informed decisions. The Chamber brings the issues to you – alerting you, saving time & answering questions.
The Chamber collaborates with civic organizations, hosting traditional, local, large community events. The Chamber takes the lead in coordinating community events and building civic pride. The Corn Roast provides an opportunity for locals as well as visitors to gather for fun, food and to experience our community’s hospitality.
Ribbon Cuttings for Grand Openings
It’s the happiest time for a business – a grand opening or other milestone celebration. Let the Chamber assist in celebrating with a ribbon cutting.
The Chamber works closely with the local Tourist Office to represent your business to relocating residents, new businesses and visitors to our community. Marketing and advertising placed by the Chamber present Forest Grove and Cornelius in a positive light, encouraging visitors to stay at a growing list of outstanding local lodging establishments, dining establishments, and local stores. Throughout our office, we are developing and promoting an important segment of our economic base. We also work closely with the Washington County Visitors Association.
The Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce is a great group of people to get to know. Being active in the Chamber is a terrific way to learn just how much so many people contribute to make our community special. Join the team & have fun.
Discounts for chamber events
Discounted pricing for chamber events such like our Toast to Tuesday and Monthly Luncheons.
Free Notary Services for FGCChamber members, provided by in-house Notary Public. See Policy and Procedures below.
*Notary procedures and policy
- Call 503-357-3006 for any inquires or questions
- $10 per act for Non FGCChamber Members
- Notary will be available through APPOINTMENT ONLY during open work hours. Posted 10AM-3PM
- You must provide Notarial certificate that will be notarized. Notary cannot provide this. “The notary public should not take it upon himself or herself to select or substitute a certificate on behalf of the person. In addition to the risk that the notary public may be found to be unlawfully practicing law, there is also some possibility that the notary public may become involved in litigation if the document is later found not to accomplish what was intended by the parties, and the problem is with a certificate that the notary public selected.”
- Notary will be permitted to notarize any documents permitted for Oregon notary publics, up to their discretion.
COFO CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
- Business/Exporter must be located in Oregon.
- Exporter Representation Form requires authorized representative signature, printed on company letterhead (kept on file at the Chamber).
- Disclaimer Required on Each Certificate:
The Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce, a recognized Chamber of Commerce under the laws of the State of Oregon, USA, certifies in reliance on the exporter’s representation and not on the basis of independent verification, that to the best of its knowledge and belief, the products named in this document originated in (City, County, State, Country)________________. The Chamber assumes no responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any statements contained in said representation or any of the documents mentioned therein.